This small group retreat is devoted to a deeper level of meditation and purification practice for people who already have some Yoga experience. To help calm the mind and allow it to turn inward, we will utilize a light diet of pure foods, a variety of purification practices, an observance of silence, and a meditative cave-like atmosphere of seclusion, all designed for inner reflection. A number of hours each morning and afternoon will be devoted to prescribed meditations, breathing exercises and practice of asana in the tradition of Ashtanga Yoga as taught by Baba Hari Dass. Time for reflection and study, spiritual stories, rituals, chanting of mantra and other devotional practices are also part of this special retreat. Because this type of practice deepens as we immerse ourselves, we give first priority to those who are able to attend the full program. Enrollment is limited, please register early.
Work-study and sliding scale options are available. For participants who have not attended this retreat before, please call (408) 842-1436 and give your name and phone number so we can contact you to go over some details.
- Continuing Education Credit for nurses.
- Fulfills the spiritual practice prerequisite for John F. Kennedy University's Graduate School for Holistic Studies.
- Qualifies for YTT 500. You must apply to the YTT 500 program before taking this class for credit.
(including tuition, meals, lodging, and facilities use)
|Commuting (Day use, meals & facilities)||$400|
|Dormitory (4-7 to a room)||$556|
|Triple (3 to a room)||$596|
|Double (2 to a room or cabin)||$632|
|Double with Bath (2 to a room)||$680|
|Single (1 to a room or cabin)||$752|
|Single with Bath (1 to a room)||$844|
- A deposit of $100 is required with registration. Balance is due upon arrival.
- CANCELLATION or CHANGE in REGISTRATION
Deposits are non-refundable and are not transferable to another person. For cancellations received at least 2 weeks before the program starts, the deposit less a $50 fee will be credited to any other program within one year. No credit is available for cancellations less than two weeks prior to the program start date, for no-shows, or for leaving an event early. Housing changes incur a $20 change fee.
- Registration check-in for this program is from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm.
- Dinner is served from 5:30-6:30 pm on Friday and 5:00-6:00 pm on other days.
- If you will be arriving late, please ask us to save a dinner for you.
- Orientation begins at 7:00 pm.
- The program will end at 1:00 pm on the final scheduled day.