Using a hybrid of mindfulness and loving-kindness meditation techniques, Noah will offer an experience of the teachings and practices of the Buddha. We will learn to develop a greater sense of care for ourselves and for our world through the revolutionary spiritual practices of the Buddha. The workshop explores the ways in which true spiritual practice is an engagement with life that goes against the norms of our confused society and is therefore an act of rebellion. This ancient path of awakening our own deepest wisdom and compassion is accessible to all who choose it. Instructions in meditation and guidance in the Buddhist path to liberation will be offered.
NOAH LEVINE is the founder of the Against The Stream Buddhist Meditation Society with two centers in Los Angeles and over 20 affiliated groups in North America and Europe. He teaches meditation groups, gives workshops and leads retreats. He is the author of Dharma Punx, Against the Stream and Heart of the Revolution.
- Fulfills the spiritual practice prerequisite for John F. Kennedy University's Graduate School for Holistic Studies.
(including tuition, meals, lodging, and facilities use)
|Commuting (Day use, meals & facilities)||$330|
|Mount Madonna Center Tent||$370|
|Dormitory (4-7 to a room)||$408|
|Triple (3 to a room)||$428|
|Double (2 to a room or cabin)||$446|
|Double with Bath (2 to a room)||$470|
|Single (1 to a room or cabin)||$506|
|Single with Bath (1 to a room)||$552|
- A deposit of $100 is required with registration. Balance is due upon arrival.
- CANCELLATION or CHANGE in REGISTRATION
Deposits are non-refundable and are not transferable to another person. For cancellations received at least 2 weeks before the program starts, the deposit less a $50 fee will be credited to any other program within one year. No credit is available for cancellations less than two weeks prior to the program start date, for no-shows, or for leaving an event early. Housing changes incur a $20 change fee.
- Registration check-in for this program is from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm.
- Dinner is served from 5:30-6:30 pm on Friday and 5:00-6:00 pm on other days.
- If you will be arriving late, please ask us to save a dinner for you.
- Orientation begins at 7:00 pm.
- The program will end at 1:00 pm on the final scheduled day.