In many cultures and throughout India the fall season plays host to a rich confluence of traditions and rituals honoring Gods and Goddesses in their myriad forms. It offers a time of transition from the harvest season to nature’s cycle of a darker, more inwardly focused time. Through the inspiration of our revered Guru, Sri Baba Hari Dass, we will come together during the last three days of this Navaratri festival to honor and celebrate the inspiring story of Lord Rama, Sita and Hanuman as told in the spiritual epic, The Ramayana. Mornings are devoted to intensive yoga practice and Puja ritual and in the evenings we visit the wondrous tale of the Ramayana in story, dance, and music culminating on the final day with the ceremonial destruction of the Great Demon King Ravana, representing the virtuous mind prevailing over ignorance and negativity. Participants will have time to join in the creation of the Ravana effigy. A closing Vedic Fire Ceremony for blessings will end our retreat. There will be thematic presentations on the deeper yogic symbolism of the Ramayana and time for conversation and discussion about those teachings. This retreat is designed for people at all levels of experience from beginners to advanced students.
This program will be taught by the Mount Madonna Retreat Staff.
- Continuing Education Credit for nurses.
- Qualifies for YTT 500. You must apply to the YTT 500 program before taking this class for credit.
(including tuition, meals, lodging, and facilities use)
|Commuting (Day use, meals & facilities)||$306|
|Mount Madonna Center Tent||$369|
|Dormitory (4-7 to a room)||$429|
|Triple (3 to a room)||$462|
|Double (2 to a room or cabin)||$492|
|Double with Bath (2 to a room)||$528|
|Single (1 to a room or cabin)||$585|
|Single with Bath (1 to a room)||$660|
- A deposit of $100 is required with registration. Balance is due upon arrival.
- CANCELLATION or CHANGE in REGISTRATION
Deposits are non-refundable and are not transferable to another person. For cancellations received at least 2 weeks before the program starts, the deposit less a $50 fee will be credited to any other program within one year. No credit is available for cancellations less than two weeks prior to the program start date, for no-shows, or for leaving an event early. Housing changes incur a $20 change fee.
- Registration check-in for this program is from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm.
- Dinner is served from 5:30-6:30 pm on Friday and 5:00-6:00 pm on other days.
- If you will be arriving late, please ask us to save a dinner for you.
- Orientation begins at 7:00 pm.
- The program will end at 1:00 pm on the final scheduled day.