September 11-18, 2016
Yoga Teacher Training 200-hour Program
This course is designed to delve deeply into Yoga as explained in the traditional Yoga Scriptures.
Classically, Ashtanga Yoga means Eight-limbed Yoga (ashta meaning eight, and anga meaning limb.) We will address each limb and will teach asanas from the Hatha Yoga system (referenced in the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Gherand Samita, and other Hatha yoga scriptures) as shared with us by our teacher, Baba Hari Dass. Classes are taught by the senior students of Baba Hari Dass.
NOTE: Because there has been much confusion over the past few years regarding the term Ashtanga, we wish to be clear that we do not teach a contemporary method of asana that has come to be known as "Ashtanga" or "Power Yoga".
The course is designed to:
- Systematically deepen your understanding of yoga.
- Develop skills for teaching yoga at a beginner's level.
- Deepen your personal practice of yoga.
Who Should Attend?
- Serious students of all levels
This program offers instruction in beginning, intermediate, and advanced methods of pranayama and asanas. It is ideal for those who want to immerse themselves in an intense discipline either to begin or to deepen a practice. Advanced techniques will be explored in some of the specialty classes.
- Yoga teachers
For those who would like to teach, or for those who are already teaching, this course is designed to expand your knowledge of the theory and practices of yoga as well as to develop and enhance your teaching skills.
Comprehensive explanation of the systems of Ashtanga (8-limbed) Yoga and Hatha Yoga, as well as supporting studies of
- Patanjali's Yoga Sutras
- Ayurveda – Introduction to the ancient system of health care derived from the Vedic tradition. (Ayurveda is a complete science in itself. We will only be able to touch on the most basic concepts that relate most to yoga practice.)
- Subtle Body Theory
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Yoga Scriptures (Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Gherand Samhita, Ratnavali, and others.
- Shat Karma (internal and external cleansing practices)
- Asana (postures) see Asana Program Details
- Pranayama (breathing practices)
- Mudras (locks)
- Dharana and Dhyana (concentration and meditation)
- Yamas and Niyamas (personal disciplines, observances and restraints) .
***For a complete Syllabus, including hours within each Educational Category, please visit our page on Yoga Alliance website.
TYPICAL DAY'S SCHEDULE
(Please note that this does not entirely reflect the first week of the Modular Program. And there may be variations and changes made along the way.)
|(This is a sample of a typical day, however, please note there will be variations and changes made along the way.)|
|5:30 – 6:15||Shat Karma|
|6:30 – 8:15||Pranayama and Meditation|
|8:15 – 9:00||Breakfast|
|9:30 – 11:00||Theory Class|
|11:15 – 12:45pm||Asana|
|12:45 – 1:30||Lunch|
|2:00 – 5:00||Asana Workshop|
|5:00 – 6:00||Dinner (Fridays Dinner 5:30)|
|7:00 – 8:30||Evening program|
|Note: Sundays are days off after breakfast; Tuesday and Saturday’s schedules vary some.|
Senior Teachers have been studying and practicing yoga for decades. All of our teaching faculty incorporate the words of our teacher, Baba Hari Dass, “Teach to Learn”. You will receive classes from over 20 Senior Teachers during the course of your studies as well as from other experienced instructors. See Teacher Bios.
Certificate of Completion
At the end of the course, all participants who have attended the specified number of classes will receive a Certificate of Completion. This course is registered with The Yoga Alliance at the 200 hour level, so that graduates can become registered Yoga Teachers.
Tuition and Fees
MEALS AND LODGING FEES
Meals and Lodging per day *
|Own Tent or Vehicle||$51|
|Double with Bath||$111|
|Single with Bath||$155|
|* because housing availability may vary for each weekend of the monthly program, per day fees are listed|
Deposit and Cancellation Policies
- $500 US is due with registration.
- Prior to September 1st - the deposit less a $100 administrative fee is refundable
- September 1st or later - the deposit is forfeited
- Prior to June 1st– the deposit less a $100 administrative fee is refundable
- June 1st or later– the deposit is forfeited.
|Yoga Teacher Training
Mount Madonna Center
445 Summit Road
Watsonville, CA 95076
|Registration and Housing:|
|(408) 847-0406 ext. 264
|(408) 847-0406 ext. 701 - Online Directions|
|(408) 847-0406 ext. 202 - Transportation Info|
|Course content or other specifics about the course:|
Contact Kamalesh - YTT coordinator email@example.com
This program provides Continuing Education Credit available for nurses. It may also be used as the prerequisite to enter the YTT300 program.